Edward Pearce Casey (1864-1940)
Pach, photographer (1845-1904)
New York, c. 1910
Copy of original photograph
Bequest of Edward P. Casey
Edward and Lillian Berry Casey owned the farm beginning in 1925. An architect trained at the Ecole des Beaux Arts in France, he designed fine houses mainly in New York and government buildings with his father, Thomas Lincoln Casey, Sr., in Washington, D.C. Impressed by the work of their friend, William Sumner Appleton, and the organization Appleton founded to save New England’s architectural heritage, they donated their 300-acre working farm to Historic New England in 1955.